September 30, 2014

Vegan MoFo 2014 - Sink or Swim?

I'm gonna flatter myself and decide swim. Barely. Lets say treading water. 

I BARELY got my 20 MoFo labelled posts in. 

My posts were of horrifically not brilliant quality. 

My pictures weren't always of a quality I'm happy with. Some got lost. 

My laptop and phone (my main photo taking source) both broke in MoFo month. 

I was ill- a lot of cooking opportunities were missed. 

We've been keeping my college timetable as light as possible- I needed less packed lunches than anticipated (and the ones that I did have weren't always post able). Fine, except my theme was lunch boxes. 

I have a bank of posts that were supposed to be posted this month but didn't happen. 

HOWEVER

I have posted the required 20 posts

I am proud of (admittedly a very few) of my posts

Some of my pictures I was happy with. 

I got a new, working laptop and my phone is being fixed

I still did some cooking

I still needed some lunches- some were post able

I now have a load of posts for you guys that you can enjoy in the coming months. 

SO

I didn't do perfectly, but I did enough. 

Perfect is overrated. 

Yeah, this was my first Vegan MoFo, and I wanted it to go a lot better than it did. 

BUT this was my first MoFo, and it could of gone worse. 

And I am 18- I have been blogging for 1 year. I go to college. 

I have not much life/food experience. I have not much blogging experience. I am not a professional full time blogger. 

AND I DIDN'T FAIL. 

I did it. 

Yes there is room for improvement, but if there wasn't, next year would be a bit boring? No?

THIS WAS A BIG STEP FOR ME

I shouldn't, by any means, have signed up for MoFo. I wasn't ready. I'm not really good enough at blogging to. I'm not that good at cooking to. It's for professional bloggers. Its for full time vegans. It's for people who can dedicate more time. People aren't interested in what I have to say. 

There are so many reasons why I should not have signed up. 

BUT I DID. 

Why? Well, for a start, and an end, I'm bat crazy. 

And because I wanted to have a go. I wanted to push myself. I wanted to challenge myself. I wanted to see what I could do. And cause it looked fun. Stressful, but fun. 

And I wanted to learn.

(Boy, have I learnt.)

I've learnt that a load of stuff you wouldn't think are vegan are vegan.
I've learnt that a load of things that should be vegan aren't. 
I've learnt that I should learn to back up my pictures better.
I've learnt to be more prepared.
I've learnt that I should not forget my water bottle. 
I learnt that I need to speed up with typing.
I've learnt that I have a lot more to learn
I've learnt that there are more vegan bloggers in the UK than I thought
I've learnt that I don't have to read every post by every blogger I follow- cause in MoFo you can get a lot
I've learnt that I like listening to music again
I've learnt that even though I didn't do so well this year, it's okay

I've learnt that I can do better- and that's okay. Because I can do better. 

Because I've learnt that I want to do this again next year

A different year, a different theme, and a more experienced me 

Because this has been fun- and I want to join in again, cause vegans are apparently a friendly bunch who like making new friends. 

People who don't know me have commented on my blog. That's practically unheard of. I have almost doubled my all time page views this month- and although it really shouldn't matter, it's fun to see just how many people have read something that I've written. 

So thank you to anybody who's commented on my blog- and thank you to everybody who's read my blog. 

See you again next year?

2 comments:

  1. MoFo is that crazy kind of fun where I half wonder what the hell I've got myself in to, but the other half has a blast. You've listed lots of positives/things you've learnt and I found the same for myself too and I learnt some new things. And I love your pumpkin pasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I loved my pasties too (or I would if it wasn't for the whole raw onion mistake- who knew that they wouldn't cook!). And yeah, I spent a lot of time wondering what I've got myself into, but because of the other half having a blast (and we are on the Rocket Ship blog) I will probably spend next September thinking "Why the hell did I sign myself up for this AGAIN?" And then again the year after.... and again....

      Delete