In other, less interesting news, I'm home today from having surgery on my knee after two weeks in Birmingham. I came home to a Subway lunch with one of my best friends, which was good, and a broken laptop, which was not so. So after a lot of complicated procedures, involving troubleshooting, Ethernet cables and transferring pictures, I'm writing this on Mom's net book. Which is small and slow. I can't complain, it works better than mine.
So, in the last month I have...
1. Made a Bunt cake (basically, a big fancy cake with a hole in the middle, which you bake in a special tin), which is something that I have wanted to do for quite a while now, for no apparent reason. So the Occupational Therapist at the hospital borrowed one off her friend, brought it in, and me and another girl from the bay made a chocolate Bunt cake. Whoever said hospital was boring?
We may have gone a bit overboard with the decorating.
2. I felt a bit rubbish last week (I'd obviously spent too long in hospital) and didn't feel very Christmassy. To make sure that this doesn't happen again, I am going to do something Christmassy EVERY DAY. So expect lots of photos of Christmas crafts. I'm sorry.
3. I need a swap-sy.
At the moment, one of my favourite snacks is Bear Nibbles Yoyos, which come in individual packs of two yoyos, and a collecting card. For the first time, I have a double. At almost 18, I really shouldn't be this concerned, but I really need a swap-sy.
4. Found out I'm not restating chemo until after Christmas
5. Started a sticker chart. Mainly because I like stickers.
6. Done some maths for the first time since July. It didn't go well. I went through two past papers, and on most of the questions, I would remember all the steps apart from one. Apart from the questions where I needed calculator functions the hospital (scientific) calculators did not provide.
7. I (well, with a lot of help from Mom) did some decluttering/reorganising in my room. It took hours, and resulted in no substantial overall improvement in my room, apart from the fact that my Nutcracker poster is now on my wardrobe, and one of my shelves looks a bit neater.
8. I decided I was not a fan of Mom's net book, but that it was better than nothing
9. I watched Home Alone for the first time in my life. And I'm 18 next month.
10. Brought a dress to wear over Christmas, as well as a Christmas jumper
11. Performed a spectacular feat with a glue stick.