October 27, 2013

You're a Pain




Hi pain,

Yes I'm looking at you.
You can't hide from me you know.
I know you're there. 


I've got a bone to pick with you.
A really big one.
But you've got a head start picking on me. 

I know who you are. 
You're the next door neighbor from down under. 
But not the kind of down under that drinks Fosters.
The kind of down under which has horns.
You're the next door neighbor who's up all night partying, keeping me up.
You're the local pest, and just when the neighborhood thinks its rid of you, you manage to scrape together the rent. 
Then throw a party to celebrate. 


You're a bit of a pain, pain.

You're a bit bossy, pain.
If  you tell me that I can't do something, then I can't. 
Other people don't like people who are bossy. 

I brought you home to meet my parents. 
My Daddy didn't like you very much.
He worries about me and you together. 
You make me lie to him pain, when I tell him I'm okay.

You got me on drugs pain. 
They make me a bit high. 
They make me hyper like a kid in a candy store. 
I think you got me on them so I'd smile, even when I don't feel like smiling. 
I don't want to get addicted to them. 
The dealers say I wont - but I don't always trust them.
Sometimes they scare me too. 


You scare me to pain. 
You scare me so much, I'm paralyzed. 
It's not fun pain.
Not for me.

I wouldn't mind if you went away now pain. 
I've kind of had enough of you.
You can go home now.
I don't want you hanging around. 
I've tolerated it for long enough now. 
They said you'd get bored, loose interest, go away. 

But you haven't, have you?

That was a rhetorical question. You weren't supposed to laugh at it. 

Shut up pain. 
Pack you're bags pain. 
Go home pain. 

I've had it with you. 
Can't you see where you're not wanted?

Yeah, I'm still looking at you. 
I don't trust you to play nicely. I'm loosing my patience with you. 
Don't try any funny business. 
I'll know it was you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment