As always - I have a list longer than me of all the yummyness that I want to make. The trouble with reading food blogs and being a cookbook addict is that there is always so many things I want to make. And then there's a whole load of idea's I have (some of which work - some of which don't) that I want to try out (because how else would I know if they work or not?) and I end up wanting to do a lot more cooking than I actually want to eat. I have to constantly be telling myself "No, I can't make abc until I have eaten all of xyz." (no, I can't try a candy cane brownie variation until I have eaten all the chocolate chip brownies) Which is kind of a problem. But there are some things that I don't just want to make - but that I really really want to make.
So basically - in a nutshell - here's a list of things I want to make that you may be seeing on here soon - and also a list of recipes that I am super excited to try out.
- First up, I really want to adapt my Dad's tea bread recipe to make a banana tea loaf. Because banana makes everything better - right? I think that I'm going through a banana phase. Expect a lot of banana's.
- Black bean brownies. Okay - so I technically made a batch this morning - but when those are finished I want to try a candy cane variation. Yes- it is definitely too late. But I have a load of candy canes left over and I thought making some brownies might make them disappear a bit quicker (I do love candy canes- but I keep forgetting to eat them so I still have most of a box left).
- I want to make most things from Chelsea's blog - but these Sweet Miso Chickpeas are definitely top of my list!
- There's a couple of recipes in Deliciously Ella that I want to make before I get my copy of her second book in a few weeks
- I would love to try some Chinese breakfast congee - but this Vietnamese version from The Viet Vegan also looks amazing.
- I don't have any special string-free celery - but I am sure that this Cashew Ginger Brown Rice Bowl will still be super awesome!
- I told you that I think I'm going through a banana phase - so please don't be surprised when I say that I want to make these Banana Chocolate Energy Bites.
- When I'm back at uni and have my spiralizer again - I'm planing to make a spiralized cucumber salad with sweet and sour dressing.
- Kung Pao Brussel Sprouts. Need I say more?
- Baked Apples using date and nut bars
- I want to make a load of date and nut bars to use with the baked apples. The last batch that I made were salted caramel. I'm thinking the next batch will probably be cookie dough because I think that cookie dough is probably my favorite flavor.
- And finally - I would like to make my Falafel burgers. Because they are super easy and super yummy and super versatile. And.... well super.
So that's what I want to make this month. What about you? What do you want to make? And is there anything that you think I should add to my list?